Help formulating a conditioner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but my hair absolutely LOVES my bath bombs.. it's always so soft and shiny after using one. I want to try and make a conditioner that it will hopefully like just as much, but I'm not sure if any of the non-oil ingredients are beneficial to hair as well.

My bath bombs are made of baking soda, citric acid, mango butter, coconut oil, arrowroot powder, Epsom salt, and ewax. I would make just a simple conditioner from mango, coconut, and ewax, but do you think any of the other ingredients can/should be added before I do?

Citric acid and baking soda make sodium citrate. We know thats a chelator so maybe its helping to rinse away any soapy gunk/scum? Just a thought.

ETA: I've never made a conditioner before though. I really wouldnt know how to go about it.

Last edited:
It is probably the Ewax. I make a conditioner bar with BTMS-50 (it is a brand of ewax). You can just make a spray on conditioner with 1 or 2% BTMS-50 and the rest water. ( maybe a .5% preservative to be extra safe)

*facepalm* didn't even think know about poking around on swiftcraft monkey! I've made conditioners from her website before, but my hair didn't seem any different using them as opposed to not

Latest posts

Back