HELP curdled CP, can i save it ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younglivingmargo

Reaction score
I just made a lovely CP soap and when I put the EO in the soap curdled.
Can I still save this batch ?
It really looks like curds and whey, is there any hope for it.

thanks

Margo

ps. this soap was made with water not milk

I've had this happen to me before several times. I just HPed it in the crock pot. I keep mixing it while its heating in the pot until it stays together, then lid it up and keep checking on it every half hour or so. The original plan for the soap may not be doable but the soap should be just fine.

curdled soap

JaimeC said:
I've had this happen to me before several times. I just HPed it in the crock pot. I keep mixing it while its heating in the pot until it stays together, then lid it up and keep checking on it every half hour or so. The original plan for the soap may not be doable but the soap should be just fine.

Thanks Jaime,
I did manage to get the soap to trace before this big mess so will that effect the 'HP' process or at this stage it won't really matter.
The unfinished soap is still in the bucket waiting for me to do something with it.
I guess I'll follow your suggestion and pop it into my crock pot and see what happens.
thanks for the quick reply as I'm really not sure what to do with it
Margo

soap curdled

gratia said:
Sounds like ricing. I have not had the misfortune of experiencing this so cannot help you on the saving point, but sounds like maybe you can put it in the crock pot to save it.

I have now got it in the crock pot. So will let you know how it turns out.

But I've got to say it looked like a real mess. Just like curdled milk. So if I can save this then I've had a really good lesson today.

Back