HELP - Cream Recipe Without Glycerin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanghama

Reaction score
Does anyone have a basic cream recipe (or any suggestions) that doesn't include glycerin/glycerine? I have a few customers allergic to this ingredient, and they are also very, very against 'unnatural' ingredients. Oh, and it must be vegan too.....

I use glycerin in all my creams - I was told I cannot just substitute another humectant, that I would have to re-formulate. I'm so confused. :?

HEEEELP!

Here's one; but it contains borax.

Orange Blossom Skin Cream
Orange flower water is toning and refreshing, and can be used on its own as a skin freshener to accompany this light cream for normal to sensitive skins.

You will need:

1ml borax
62ml orange flower water
15ml grated beeswax
100ml apricot kernel oil
20ml jojoba oil
15ml carrot oil

Method:

Mix the borax into the orange flower water. Heat the beeswax and oils together in a double boiler until the beeswax is melted. Meantime, heat the orange flower water and borax solution. Heat both mixtures until their respective temperatures have reached 75 degrees C. Gradually whisk the flower water into the heated oils. Keep the mixture on the heat for a further five minutes and whisk continuously. This helps to emulsify the ingredients. Remove from the heat and whisk continuously until the cream has cooled. Spoon the cream into a clean jar

glycerine problem

hi there! new to forum. just posted a simplly great receipe for lotion...my favorite lotion receipes #1.

hope this helps. if not, when i get back home, i'll post a heavenly buttercream receipe that is more of a cream base.

regards,

monet

Latest posts

Back