Help: can you force a cure after soap has gelled?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Catscankim for responding to my questions. I appreciate your time and effort in doing so. So now I have learned an important lesson about curing. And I am wholeheartedly guilty then of not paying too much attention to soapmaking 101, it seems.

I guess I will have to put "only use after xx January 2021" disclaimer/warning labels on the soap if I want to give them out as stocking fillers - which I suppose is not as big a smash as burning my family's skin off with uncured soap!!!
Thanks so much for giving me the heads up.
It won't burn off their skin it just doesn't last as long or perform as well before it's fully cured. It will be soft and kind of slimy and the lather and bubbles will be subpar. The cure part of soap is the water in your recipe evaporating out of the soap and then the soap itself forming its crystalline structure. Without the cure your soap just won't be as good.

It won't burn off their skin it just doesn't last as long or perform as well before it's fully cured. It will be soft and kind of slimy and the lather and bubbles will be subpar. The cure part of soap is the water in your recipe evaporating out of the soap and then the soap itself forming its crystalline structure. Without the cure your soap just won't be as good.
Thank you -

Back