Help and advice for beginner to candle making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan1978

Reaction score
Hi all, my partner loves her candles and has asked me for a candle making kit for Xmas!! Where do I begin?. I have done the normal google but this is beyond me and I have no clue!. Please could some one give me some advice on what I can get her as a beginner in candle making. All help and advice is much appreciated

Hobbycraft sell candle making kits- if she has never done it before you can spend a fortune on getting set up so I would try a kit first. Think they do a Kirstie Allsop one..

Don't forget you would have to factor in postage to the UK from the ones in the U.S. above. It would be cheaper to purchase from the UK.

Also, make sure soy is the medium you want to start with. There are other waxes out there that also have kits. I've just never found soy to be that great of a wax to work with. It's far to picky for me to waste my time with.

I started w
Also, make sure soy is the medium you want to start with. There are other waxes out there that also have kits. I've just never found soy to be that great of a wax to work with. It's far to picky for me to waste my time with.
I started with a candle making kit from Bulkapothecary.com. I contained everything I needed. I stick with paraffin waxes. I also find soy too difficult to work with.

Latest posts

Back