Helo, from Thailand

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seizhin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Shin and is a soap maker based in Thailand.
I've recently start soap making business in Thailand and decided to request FDA approval for the soaps we made here.

Our soap is mostly cold process, handmade and try to avoid chemicals, but since I've only start making soap for less than a year I'd probably need guidance from everyone.

Hope to learn here, and nice to meet you.

Welcome, Seizhin. If you have only recently started making soap I would wait to start selling, and definitely wait to apply for FDA approval (which will probably be an expensive process for you.) You should know exactly which soaps you want to sell - for which you will need the experience of working through the learning process - and settle on the recipes for whatever those are. Ie; my impression is that you will not get generic FDA approval for your soaps, but rather different ones for each specific soap, ie one for Soap A, one for Soap B, one for Soap C. So you need to be really sure of what those are before you start.

Hi Shin

Welcome, we are happy to give you guidance, but you need to know what you are doing before selling soap as people are putting it on their skin. I would wait until you feel confident in what you are making and if you are still learning you definitely shouldn't be selling.

Hi not_ally and Relle,

Thank you for the warm greeting and advise.
Although I've had experience with basic soap making during my studies, I've been testing many formulations from different books purchased from Amazon. Many were great with organic ingredients. :)

The FDA is currently assisting to inspect our manufacturing area and I'm currently on the documents for formulation and others.

Making soaps is not as easy as it looks, but it definitely is fun!

Back