Helloooo from Edinburgh,Scotland!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LexieLoom

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction.
I’m a maker... of anything! It started as a child with an obsession with clay and over the years I have tried my hand at more creative endeavours than I can remember (pottery, tile making, glass blowing, wood working, knitting, screen printing, candle making to name a few!) basically I just love learning how to make things with the process often being more fun than the final product.

Soap making is an entirely new thing for me and the science behind it is really interesting. Can’t wait to learn more!

Welcome Lexie :), I too have always done handmade things, I did 6 yrs p/t learning pottery, also fabric printing, screen printing, fine embroidery, leadlight, wood items using a scroll saw, sewing, taught myself to crochet, candles, knitting, patchwork. I have a lot of UFO's, so a lot don't end up as a final product and I'm living to 200 :eek: to get them all finished.

Just a quick introduction.
I’m a maker... of anything! It started as a child with an obsession with clay and over the years I have tried my hand at more creative endeavours than I can remember (pottery, tile making, glass blowing, wood working, knitting, screen printing, candle making to name a few!) basically I just love learning how to make things with the process often being more fun than the final product.

Soap making is an entirely new thing for me and the science behind it is really interesting. Can’t wait to learn more!
Welcome Lexie! I’m telling all my friends who think I’m crazy to do this soap stuff that soap is ephemeral art meets science. When I give them a bar to try they stop teasing me about it.

Welcome Lexie :), I too have always done handmade things, I did 6 yrs p/t learning pottery, also fabric printing, screen printing, fine embroidery, leadlight, wood items using a scroll saw, sewing, taught myself to crochet, candles, knitting, patchwork. I have a lot of UFO's, so a lot don't end up as a final product and I'm living to 200 :eek: to get them all finished.
Haha... I like to joke that I don’t like to finish things just in case I run out of things to do and get bored :dance:

Hello, LexieLoom! Our family would so much love to visit Scotland...don't know that it will ever happen, though =). Do you, by any chance, play the bagpipes? :D
I’m afraid I don’t! I do have apartments that I rent out to lovely visitors like you though! :)

Hi Lexie!
I’m from Glasgow originally but moved to Canada about 12 years ago. Stumbled onto cp soaping about 3 or 4 years ago and was Sooooo happy when I found this group. An amazing resource full of incredible information from such experienced people that you just can’t find anywhere else. I haven’t really posted much until recently. Just lurking in the background! But that’s because most questions I’ve had have already been answered in a post somewhere already. I hope you enjoy yer soapy journey! For me it’s been a wonderful creative outlet. And the more knowledge you gain along the way just gives you more means to expands your ideas and creativity. Have fun!

Welcome, LexieLoom!

I have a lot of UFO's, so a lot don't end up as a final product and I'm living to 200 :eek: to get them all finished.

Ha ha ha- UFO's- I love it! :) I have a fair share of those myself, mostly unfinished knitting, crocheting and scrapbooking projects.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back