Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunachica1

Reaction score
Landed here after a search for Netepur soap bar, the only stain remover that was able to tackle ANY stain job. Thought I’d join - maybe I could find a homemade recipe, because I have made my own laundry detergent, baby wipes and cloth diapered in the past. Would love to get back to using natural soaps and soap making again. Right now I have a coffee stain I need to remove.

Hi, and welcome! I happen to have a Netepur bar from a friend who was an H2O at Home rep before they stopped shipping to the US. Here are the ingredients: Sodium palmate, sodium cocoate, tetrasodium etidronate, sodium hydroxide, aqua.

Basically, it is a lye soap made from palm oil and coconut oil, with EDTA as a chelator. I'm pretty sure they've also removed the glycerin. I say that because they list the "out of the pot" ingredients: palmate and cocoate - and there is no glycerin listed. That would make it tricky to duplicate at home. However, they also list sodium hydroxide, which normally would not be included in out-of-the-pot ingredients since there should be none left after saponification. So, it's hard to say for sure.

Based on the amount of bubbles I get from my Netepure bar, if I were going to attempt to dupe this, I'd start with 60% palm, 40% CO, 0%SF, and EDTA at 0.5% of total batch weight. Higher levels of CO will increase the stain-removing capabilities, but will also make more bubbles that take more time to rinse out. My 100% CO 0%SF stain sticks positively bleach out any stains as well as dyes, so I only use them on whites for the most part.

Have fun experimenting, and let us know if you give it a try. Meanwhile, if you have any PS-80 around, that works pretty well on coffee stains, since it emulsifies the coffee oils.

Welcome to the forum. There are a LOT of very experienced soap makers here. You’ll learn a lot. Have fun.

Latest posts

Back