Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been making soap for a few years now and I've been loving it! I live in Canada in a tiny apartment, making it smell incredible with the soaps I make šŸ˜Š I've made cold process, hot process, cream soap, but not liquid yet! I'm looking forward to sharing and gleaning information and all your wisdom with everything soap! Thanks!

Oh haha! There is enough dirty people in the world for all us soapers šŸ˜„ that is really close to my parents (where you used to live). I thought if you were still here, I might have known you or heard of your business šŸ˜Š there aren't too many in Abbotsford.

Lack of competition is a good thing for you! Here, there are almost too many soapmakers, including one or two that are what I consider commercial (they have a store front but still sell at the local markets). Do you sell at local markets? Are there local markets? There weren't when I left there.

I used to sell at markets, but not in Abbotsford. There is only the flea market or the farmers market, but I didn't go to those, as they already had a soap person, and would only allow 1. (They had prepaid for the whole season). Now there arent any markets at all except online. I haven't dont that though. I got into a few stores, and now sell wholesale too. I'm still very small time maker though. Are there any markets in Kelowna right now with covid restrictions? I hope they ease up soon! Have you tried online markets or even online selling?

At the moment, only food vendors are allowed (yeah, they can sell cake pops but we can't sell soap... makes zero sense!). We'll see what Dr. Henry says on Feb. 5. Our first market is scheduled for Feb 14, with our season starting officially in April. I only sell at one market and nothing online as I'm still working full time. There just aren't enough hours in the day. We have a few markets here. The one I attend usually has about 40 vendors. The largest (Farmer's Market) usually has well over 100 vendors and there are usually 3-4 soap vendors at that one. And there are a couple more smaller markets as well. Plus, nearby cities have their own markets. Some of our vendors do the markets in the Okanagan full time and sometimes up to 3 markets per day. Generally, I'm the only soap vendor at our little market, which is really nice for me.

At the moment, only food vendors are allowed (yeah, they can sell cake pops but we can't sell soap... makes zero sense!). We'll see what Dr. Henry says on Feb. 5. Our first market is scheduled for Feb 14, with our season starting officially in April. I only sell at one market and nothing online as I'm still working full time. There just aren't enough hours in the day. We have a few markets here. The one I attend usually has about 40 vendors. The largest (Farmer's Market) usually has well over 100 vendors and there are usually 3-4 soap vendors at that one. And there are a couple more smaller markets as well. Plus, nearby cities have their own markets. Some of our vendors do the markets in the Okanagan full time and sometimes up to 3 markets per day. Generally, I'm the only soap vendor at our little market, which is really nice for me.
Wow that really doesn't make any sense! Seems like markets out your way are still hanging on. That's good! I love markets! I've stopped looking for any to sell at myself. Like you said not enough hours in the day! 3 in a day is absolutely crazy, but all the power to them!

Welcome, Cupcakeheartlove!

IrishLass :)
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.:)
Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back