Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sansinukob

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a few months šŸ‘ and finally decided to make and account today!

I'm Nana and I'm from the Philippines! (Sansinukob means universe in Tagalog.) I first made soap at university for a lab classā€“we made HP, CP, and glycerin soap. It was a lot of fun and I always wanted to try doing it again but never really got around to doing it... but after falling down the rabbit hole of this forum and some YT videos, I finally started making stuff! Yeehawwww

So far I've made around... 9 batches of soap? All really tiny. The largest batch I've made is around 650g of oils, and after that I stuck to making max. 250g since I'm really just testing recipes for now! I've actually had more failures than successes, but it's a learning process lol. I've been keeping a handwritten diary for all my tests and it's just been a lot of fun. It's helped keep my anxiety at bay during these trying times lol. My favorite soap of mine so far is an almond milk-honey-oatmeal bastille bar I made in the shape of some bears. It smells like an oatmeal cookie!

IMG_3918.JPG

I'd really like to get into selling my work one day once I've gotten much better at it. I might just be really bad at Google, but I haven't really found sources for reasonably priced and sustainable oil suppliers around these parts. I also want to put more glitters! Colors! Scents! But there aren't many resources for those locally. Though again, I might just be really, really bad at Google lol

I've done quite a bit of research for soap selling requirements and I'm a bit nervous about getting FDA approval, though that's something I should probably be worrying about in the future, not now! I have some long-term goals for soapmaking and selling, and probably won't get around to putting up a store for quite a long time. (I should graduate from uni first. lol) In the meantime I'm just going to have lots of fun with it!

ANYWAY that got really long but in short: Hi, hello, I like soap and want to be good at it and sell some someday, but I want to take it slowly so I can cover all my bases and do it legally LOL. Nice to meet you!

Attachments

• 79E2F5E6-A9D3-4B0E-A724-B1FDCB8E92EB.JPG
    79E2F5E6-A9D3-4B0E-A724-B1FDCB8E92EB.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 6
Hallo! Welcome to this awesome forum, glad you've come out from lurking lol :)

Cute soap! There's lots to learn and definitely yes, the experimenting is never-ending but fun!

Sure, I'll tell ya where I get my supplies haha.. Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back