Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the polysorbate one, but was referencing another one from thesage: High Lanolin Content Soap — Adventures With The Sage I like the polysorbate one but I'm confused about it, as I don't understand how to have polysorbate as a component but still have more ingredient in the detergent like added lanolin and other oils. Her recipe is made with only polysorbate, water and essential oils.
I have a lot of experience with Poly-80. Amazing stuff. Check out FUN WITH POLYSORBATE 80.
From my experience in getting oil & grease spots out of tee shirts, I think it will work well and be very gentle. I intend to try it on some cashmere & merino wool sweaters soon.
I'm looking to produce a more developed product with more ingredients. Ideally something like Eucalan, I've studied the ingredient lists a lot, my issue is that I don't know where to go from there.
Euclan is what we call a "syndet" -- synthetic detergent, NOT soap. I don't do syndets but there are members who do. My advice: Start a thread in the Recipe Feedback Forum with the Euclan ingredients listed and hopefully get help formulating the recipe there.
I have no idea how to formulate the recipe in terms of both the percentage of ingredients to use, and how to incorporate them all together and make the detergent. I tend to learn via youtube tutorials, and I found several on hard soap bars but can't find anything about creating a liquid detergent
Both hard soap and liquid soap are lye-based and most of our members can help you formulate a soap recipe using lanolin. I've made both hard bars for a neighbor & LS for a wholesale customer. I have all the ingredients including USP lanolin on hand.
Detergent is synthetic made without lye and a few members may be able to help you there. I'm not sure whether you can incorporate lanolin into that type of formula.

Last edited:
I suspect that trying to formulate a soap for wool will work about as well as making shampoo soap—it works for some people under some circumstances. SynDet shampoo and conditioner always for this crunchy granola girl.

Latest posts

Back