Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis

Reaction score
New here and new to soap making. A few months ago I bought some all natural soap and was amazed at the difference. I later noticed some handmade soap at a craft show I went to (it looked and smelled pretty bad) and thought, "Hey, I can do better than that!" So I started reading up and watching some YT videos and took the plunge.

I've made several small batches at this point just messing around. I started with 100% coconut oil with 20% super fat, did a Castile soap, made some goats milk soap and did a Guinness Beer soap. I also tried to make a coconut milk soap with lime zest but I wound up forgetting the coconut milk! It still turned out okay.

I did buy a set of small individual silicon molds from Amazon (guest soap size) and I've bought a 2 pound wooden mold with a silicon liner from Amazon but so far I've stuck to the small molds and left over almond milk cartons.

The thing I find really fascinating about soap making is the process and the chemistry behind it. It's been a blast so far and I've not had any full on fails, though I have ended up with my soap in the mold(s) and an ingredient sitting unused a few times - the coconut milk once and my essential oils another time.

My next project will be making a few Christmas soaps using my 2 pound mold. The soap won't be cured by Christmas so I'll have fun giving out presents that can't be used for several weeks :-0

Welcome.gif

ETA:
Mosey on over to the Beginner's Forum and find the Sticky "Beginner's Learn to Soap Online". Lots of good info there to get you started. Take a cuppa along and scroll down to Lovin' Soap Studio to get a handle on most of the stuff we talk about here.

DeeAnna's Soapy Stuff is a good read for Newbies & experienced soapers alike.
https://classicbells.com/soap/soapyStuff.asp

This thread is a fun read about what pitfalls await Newbies:
What advice would you give to your beginning soaping self?
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...ou-give-to-your-beginning-soaping-self.62916/

The best way to search SMF: GOOGLE
(type your keywords here) site:soapmakingforum.com
If you want to search for a phrase, put the phrase in quotes.
You can include individual words along with phrases

HAPPY SOAPING!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back