Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alira

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking about the forums for a while now, and finally decided to chime in.

I started soaping at my grandmother's request, back around 1994. She was extremely sensitive to the store bought stuff and we had an excessive amount of milk from our herd of dairy goats. Figured why not. It was something to do with the milk and a useful skill to learn. Didn't help that I was getting sick of making cheeses.

It's been a beloved hobby and a way for me to relax for years. My kids certainly seemed to enjoy helping make it as well. Last year, thanks to my fiance', I started selling after I relocated from Tennessee to California. It seems like he comes in every few nights with more orders from people he works with. I've also met several soapers since I started working at the Hobby Lobby here, though most are more about the MP. My own co-workers keep putting in requests as well.

I've always been a straight CP soaper until recently. My daughter in law has me learning MP with her when we have time. My youngest daughter roped me into making bath fizzers for her 15th birthday gift. Never again will I blow money on the pre-made mix from work. That was a waste. My other daughter has me making lotions. I went the easy route there and just ordered a base from WSP for now since I'm wary of HB's base. Still on the fence with that choice since I've been bombarded with orders from co-workers that tried the test bottle I made. Oh well, I'm having a blast with it, so it's all good.

On a side note, while I love working at Hobby Lobby, I refuse to buy anything but certain molds and reusable items from then. I source my ingredients from reputable online stores or the grocery instead. Better quality and much cheaper, even with shipping.

Welcome Rene
bump-rabbit-gif.32822

Latest posts

Back