Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorgKat

Reaction score
hey, I’m Kat. Long term Jane of all trades master of none. I am a homeschool mom and a professional Face painter/clown. I did a couple of batches of both m&p and cp a loooong time ago in 4-h/Girl Scouts, so I’m only partly newish. My kids are 11 and 8. We have decided to do soap making for presents this year. I am using soap making also as a chemistry lession/s. We watch a lot of YouTube videos, my 8 year old loves Royaly Soap videos and that’s how we decided we, as a family should make soap! We are doing cp currently.

Welcome!
I was a homeschooling mom, too. My son is 19 now. I really miss those crafting learning adventures :)

Welcome, BorgKat! I was a homeschooling mom, too. My son is now 24. He was 11 or 12 when I first started soaping and joined in with me on a few batches, but he never caught the soaping bug like I did. He sure does love using my soap, though!

IrishLass :)

Welcome, BorgKat from an Illinois neighbor.

I think it's great you are using soapmaking as a chemistry lesson for school. A couple years ago, I saw it on the curricula for some science classes in some states and was really surprised because I never had any exposure to soapmaking as science curricula when I was in school. But my soapmaking teacher (I took a couple of classes in Ohio a couple years ago or so) said she teaches it as a guest speaker at her local school.

Latest posts

Back