Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardguy

Reaction score
I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks now and decided to join after making the decision to make my first batch of soap this weekend.

I decided to mak my own soap after making my own beard oil and beard balm for a few months now (hence the name) : I've always been a hands-on and creative guy regarding my hobbies, what with the motorcycle restoration and beer brewing, but sadly, work and kids have put on halt such time and money consuming hobbies.

My s.o. thinks I'm nuts for wanting to make my own soap, but I plan on winning her over with my cool, handmade soaps.

Welcome to your new addiction! :) You'll find a wealth of amazing information and some lovely folks here. When you come up with your first recipe post it here for feedback!

Thank you all. I have a very addictive personality and was 70 % of the way to opening my own brewery (I had almost signed a lease and the paperwork for my liquor license had been sent) before my s.o. put the kibosh on that plan, so I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty crazy about soap too !

I don't have any plans to sell though (so nobody worry) :mrgreen:.

I have started a thread with my plan for my first recipe in the beginner section.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I have a very addictive personality and was 70 % of the way to opening my own brewery (I had almost signed a lease and the paperwork for my liquor license had been sent) before my s.o. put the kibosh on that plan, so I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty crazy about soap too !

I don't have any plans to sell though (so nobody worry) :mrgreen:.

I have started a thread with my plan for my first recipe in the beginner section.

I see a beer soap in your future. :lol:

I see it too, but I'm not so sure I want to tempt the lye volcano before I have a few batches under my belt.

I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks now and decided to join after making the decision to make my first batch of soap this weekend.

I decided to mak my own soap after making my own beard oil and beard balm for a few months now (hence the name) : I've always been a hands-on and creative guy regarding my hobbies, what with the motorcycle restoration and beer brewing, but sadly, work and kids have put on halt such time and money consuming hobbies.

My s.o. thinks I'm nuts for wanting to make my own soap, but I plan on winning her over with my cool, handmade soaps.
Hey beardguy!! My wife thought I was nuts too, being a heavy truck mechanic for 45 years and riding a 1947 Knucklehead. I decided to give it a try. Now my wife ASKS (bugs) me when am I going to make my next batch. She tells her friends about it too!! She even volunteered me to make 100 bars for my son's wedding. Her biggest fear was the word LYE. Once she got past that and I explained about lye, she's all for it. I have only purchased 2 bars of soap in the last 2 years (yes I shower...), and those were also "natural" soaps. I make real boring bars of soap, but so what ... they're just for the family. Good Luck !!! You will be hooked instantly !! Timm ........

Latest posts

Back