Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliginion

Reaction score
My name is Troy. Im 26 years old with a wife and 2 year old daughter. I figured this introduction will maybe help because no body knows anything about me. Im set on learning at this time in my life as well as perfect things I like to do. Im an ex pipeliner currently unemployed so this is kind of jus a fun learning experience. Im not good with words so I apologize for being too forward and few words. If you have any questions ab me just ask not ab soap im not even a beginner yet. But I am a daring person. Thank you hope this clarifies some thoughts ab previous post.

Hi Troy!

You are most welcome here if you are willing to learn from what others teach you. If you are going to keep doing what you are doing regardless of what anyone says, then expect to be ignored at best. I will help you any way I can, though, if you are serious and willing to learn.

Hi Troy, welcome to the forum.

You are in the right place to learn for sure if you are open to learning and listening. As well as answering questions to help us get you in the right direction without wasting a lot of money with failed batches.

Last edited:
Welcome Troy, there are lots of great folks here to help you along the way as they have helped many other. I look forward to seeing your progress, good luck and enjoy.

Welcome Troy! Thanks for introducing yourself. :)

Don't be worried about not being good with words. Like we've said- if you're serious about learning how to make great soap, we're here to help!

IrishLass :)

Welcome to the forum. Continue asking questions while you learn and 6 months down the line I'm sure you will not just be making great soap but you'll be helping to answer questions as well.

When you do make your first soap, take pictures to share here. We all love soap pictures!

Hi Troy! I have learned so much from this forum, and you will too. I've been making soap for about 1.5 years, and there is still so much I have to learn. There are a lot of very experienced soap makers here with really good advice. There is so much to learn as a brand new soap maker and it can seem overwhelming, but it will start falling into place and making sense soon enough. I think you can find an answer to just about any question you have here. Take the advice to heart - it is all given with the best of intentions. Good luck with your soaping journey.

Hi Troy, welcome to the forum and the best hobby in the world. I'm so glad you persevered through all the initial postings and are still here.

And congratulations on your 2 yr old! Please be double, extra careful storing your lye - I'd suggest not only taping the lid on, but storing it very high. And when you make soap - a heavy sturdy container for your lye water and a keeping it inaccessible to the little one. (Is he old enough yet to scootch a chair and climb up....he soon will be!) I've raised a lot of kids, and they will always surprise you.

Hi Troy, welcome to the forum and the best hobby in the world. I'm so glad you persevered through all the initial postings and are still here.

And congratulations on your 2 yr old! Please be double, extra careful storing your lye - I'd suggest not only taping the lid on, but storing it very high. And when you make soap - a heavy sturdy container for your lye water and a keeping it inaccessible to the little one. (Is he old enough yet to scootch a chair and climb up....he soon will be!) I've raised a lot of kids, and they will always surprise you.

She is running around ,climbing, and she can carry a 12 pack of sodas lol it kills me that she is growing up too fast... soon I hope to give her a brother or sister so she wont fell so lonely

Yes mrs. Lena shes growing up too fast its killing me lol ima have to give her a brother sister soon lol

Latest posts

Back