Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just realised I haven't made an introduction post. So I'm Rebecca from England, UK.

My 13 year old daughter is a very keen crafter and loves making virtually anything she can herself. She's been really interested in soap making recently so I decided to do some research and get her a starter kit for her upcoming birthday next week, thanks to the helpful suggestions of this forum!

The more I read the more I'm interested so can't wait to help her out also and am excited to see some of her first creations. She will be sticking to melt and pour as I don't want her using lye while young and inexperienced but if we both catch the soaping bug I may have a try of some CP soap myself.

So anyway that's me, I'll be sticking around to learn helpful tips for my daughter and I am sure she will pop on and say hi herself once she knows about her gift.

Hi Rebecca, welcome officially. I am just waiting to see how long it takes you to start posting on CP yourself :) Also looking forward to hearing about how much she likes her present, it is such a nice one, please let us know!

Haha I can already see it's going to be addictive! I only started reading forums and looking at tutorials to get a list of the kind of things she will need and I'm already fascinated and have spent a lot more than originally planned!

It is entirely and weirdly addictive. But a good addiction to have, who can argue w/making good smelling, beautiful things that make you happy every time you wash your hands or shower? Also, people are disproportionately impressed when you make your own soaps, I bet her friends will be blown away.

Welcome, Rebecca! :wave:

I'm with not_ally. I bet it won't be long before you get pulled into the soapy vortex. lol

IrishLass :)

Hi and welcome!

I think your daughter is going to have a blast. If you hang around here long enough, I think you'll join her in making CP soap, too. It's pretty addictive!

Latest posts

Back