Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regi

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Regi and I joined the forum last year, and then things got crazy. We moved from Maine to North Carolina and in the process I completely forgot I had joined this forum. :oops:

A bit about me, I am married, and have two daughters. One is 25 and living in Seattle Washington, and our youngest is newly 18 and getting ready for her last year of high school. We are a homeschooling family.

I have been making soap (off and on) since 2002. I did take a break in 2008 (closed my soap business etc) and have only picked it back up again within the last year, right after we moved in fact.

I look forward to getting to know you all, exchanging ideas and drooling over lovely soap/bath item pictures.

~Regi :smile:

Hi and welcome back to the addiction Regi!

I home-schooled all 4 of my children..got a late start at it but once my youngest was in second grade and failing because of the teachers not 'teaching' I yanked them all out of public and never sent any of them back..ahh if I had only known back then it was way easier to home school than I had thought I would've never sent them to public at all.

Hubby and I used to get a lot of criticism from certain members of our family about our decision to homeschool, but as it happily turned out, some of the ones who were most vocal in their criticism actually made a complete about-face. One of them even made it a point to apologize to me after seeing the results over time (my mom). It's not for everybody, that's for sure, but it was definitely right for us, and I'm so glad we were in the position to do it.

Susie said:
I think all you homeschooling moms are awesome! Had I known then what I know now, I would have homeschooled.

One of the things that helped strengthen our decision was knowing what was going on in the school our son would have attended if we had not homeschooled. One of my best friends happened to be a teacher there and she gave us the 'inside scoop', so to speak. She actually left her job there in frustration because she wasn't able to teach, if you know what I mean. In other words, there was too much 'politicking' from the administration getting in the way. She now teaches at a small private school and is much happier.

IrishLass :)

We were fortunate enough to have a small Christian school 2 houses down the street from us when my children were small. But my son is dyslexic, and really could have used the one-on-one instruction all day long, rather than just at night with me. I had to teach him almost the entire day's lessons over every night anyway. I just don't know when I would have fitted full time homeschooling in with a full time job, single parenting, and taking care of an ill parent.

Back