Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katz2711

Reaction score
I've already been reading along in the forum for a little while and finally wanted to introduce myself. I started making soap last December. My motivation was that my baby developed eczema from commercial baby care products. My very first soap had lots of coconut oil in it and mushroomed out of the mold.
So far I have experimented with castile/bastile recipes and milk soaps. I also successfully made liquid soap via crock pot which had me very excited. I did skip the whole hot process thing for solid soap but plan to make that up in the next couple months. I'm a wintertime garage soaper ;) because I don't want to soap in my kitchen with a little baby in the house and we don't have a basement. Unfortunately my garage gets to around 110F in the summer so soaping is not possible. I am SOOO excited for the cooler months and my soap project list growing by the day :). Now I will finally get into coloring and some more interesting fragrance combinations.
I told my husband we have to move to a house with a decent basement :p...

P.S.: This forum is absolutely genius :)

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm new too and haven't made my first batch of soap yet. Luckily this forum exists. I think I'll need the advice. :)

Hey, I'm new here first post and all. I have made a few batches, 3 block/loafs and a set of heart shaped cupcakes. I'm also in southern Cali, and want to know if CP or melt and pour are easier. Especially with Goats milk as we have a small heard is Saanans.

Hey, I'm new here first post and all. I have made a few batches, 3 block/loafs and a set of heart shaped cupcakes. I'm also in southern Cali, and want to know if CP or melt and pour are easier. Especially with Goats milk as we have a small heard is Saanans.

Neptune- melt and pour sounds easier. But CP is different than MP. Not better, just different. It is sort of like comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruit, but very different product.

Ah so every person has a different preference about them. Is it possible to make CP goat milk embeds and MP bars? What would I need if it's not able to mix well?

Latest posts

Back