Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagnukem

Reaction score
I just started making soap in May. I started because my little boy has eczema really bad and nothing seemed to help. My friend has a little boy is battling it too so I figured it was worth a try. My son is allergic to eggs, dairy and peanuts so he drinks goat milk. The lady I get my milk from mentioned she had some in the freezer she was going to make soap with but never found the time. She offered it to me so I took her up on it and made the soap. Last week my first batch finished curing and I mailed a bunch out. I have had rave reviews about how soft their skin (hands esp.) feel. My sons skin has almost completely cleared up as well. When we went back to the pediatrician on Monday she was so shocked at how great his skin looked. She was very excited when I told her about the soap. We've been battling the eczema pretty hard (tried all kinds of creams and ointments) but nothing was really helping. 1 week of the soap and cream at night and POOF buhbuye skin spots! It's really just so exciting for me to know that it could make that much of a diffrence!

Anywho, I just wanted to say I had no idea there was a little community of soap makers!

I have made 3 batches now of Goat Milk soap. I'd love to get some recipes for diffrent types of milk soap. so far I've used coconut oil, olive oil, honey, and oatmeal with a little lye. My first batch was very basic (shortning, goat milk, olive oil, lye) and turned out so great! I have given almost all of it away.

(I posted this over in the soap forum but figured I should have put it here)

I'm so excited to find other soapmakers!

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Please share your recipe. Any soap recipe can be made with milk. Paul makes nothing but goat's milk soap. I'm sure he will be welcoming you soon.

26 ounces olive oil
60 ounces vegetable shortening
10 ounces lye
32 ounces goat milk

This was the first recipe I used - I wanted to start as simple as possible. It turned out great! This is the one that helped with my sons eczema. It had a great lather and left my hands and his skin so silky soft! The second batch I mixed in coconut oil w/ olive oil to equal the 26oz. It looks good but is still curing so I havent tried it.

It was such a hit that my 1st batch is almost completely gone and it just finished curing about a week ago! I made more but it wont be ready until september.

WElcome! I'm glad to hear your son has had such great success using the natural soaps. You will find many of us here started making soap for a similar reason.

Latest posts

Back