Hello !

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kncfamily

Reaction score
Hello fellow crafters!

My name is Kirk and my wife is Carla. As a family, we have had a small soap making hobby that we would like to make more profitable. I will be looking for tips & ideas and I hope I have reached the right folks to give it. I made a few purchases in an attempt to make candles and actually wound up with sub par products. I think I should have gotten in touch with you folks before I did, but then again its all part of the learnign process. I will be browsing the forums to look for info before I start prodding folks for information though. Thanks for being here!

KnC Family Crafts!

(Kirk -n- Carla)

Welcome Kirk and family! Another male soapier! Cool! We are happy that you found our little forum, well not so little any more! We are a friendly, chatty group that love same minded conversation. You are so welcome to jump in and start learning and interacting with us! Welcome again, Kirk and Carla! :)

Paul :wink:

Welcome to our forum, depending on the soap you want to make, you might want to do a little research first. I do strickly MP soap but there are a ton of members here that do just beautiful CP soap.

thanks!

Well right now we are pretty much M&P and just started rebatching. We are also experimenting with candles as well. We have done ok at fairs with our M&P but we are looking to get deeper, we are moving to Southern Jersey this Summer and hoping to either buy a home, or rent until we find something we like. and at that time we would like to try making our own from scratch, as I hear it is pretty much impossible to make soap in an apartment wihtout oxygen masks. I have been online for the past 3 days, really researching vendors and techniques and my head is absolutely spinning. The only thing I am sure of right now is that I am goign to buld a couple of presto melters!.. those things seem so perfect. we have been using Hamiltion beach Roaster ovens, but the temperature gauge is starting to go, plus it looks like the presto's will give us more space in our kitchen. Well thanks again for having me adn be sure that I will be picking brains left and right.

Kirk :)

Back