hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfwatson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and to soapmaking. I've made one batch of vegetarian basic soap and two small batches of handmilled from it. One is aloe vera and the other is cinnamon. Neither has a very strong scent, but that's ok. The basic soap is hard now, but the two hanmilled are still quite soft. I'm enjoying the soapmaking very much.

I live in the Shenendoah Valley of Virginia, semi-retired seamstress, with a husband and two dogs. I have grown kids and grankids. None living very close to us.

Welcome!
Soap does not have to be handmilled (or rebatched). If you add too much liquid, the rebatched soap will be soft for a long time.

Thanks for the welcome. The process of handmilling wasn't bad at all. I'm feeling challenged to make soap that is looks and smells attractive enought to sell and perhaps make back a portion of what I'm investing into the ingredients. I am enjoying the process. Not sure what my husband thinks, but at least he's not complaining! :) I do love the quality of my basic soap. It's all vegetarian and has shea butter in it so it's really soft and mild and leaves my hands soft.

pixybratt said:
welcome!

How did you like the whole process of the handmilled?

Latest posts

Back