Hello soapers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Footloose

Reaction score
I am new to soaping and have been making them for a few months now and who knew how much I would love it!??

I love putting together a different recipe and seeing how it feels on my skin. I have been reading the forum for a while now, but finally just decided to intro. I made a coffee soap today using strong espresso as the lye water and surprisingly it took so long to cool down, don't believe I had read that anywhere. It turned out looking really great and now I am interested to try it once it is ready 😊

I use a lot of different plant colorants and infused oils, so sure I will have some questions at some point. Glad to be here!

I use a lot of different plant colorants and infused oils, so sure I will have some questions at some point. Glad to be here!
That's the way I started out too! Way back in 2004. Use the Search feature in the upper right-hand corner of this page to find threads on "natural colorants". Also "Himalayan Rhubarb Root" will knock your socks off!

You will want to show off your soaps in the Photo Gallery. We LUV pictures -- even when a batch goes awry. Hopefully that won't happen, but if it does, see it as an opportunity to learn more. I only wish I had that available to me when I first started making soap in 2003. It's a great way to chronicle your progress.

WELCOME to the Wonderful World of Soapmaking!!! :computerbath:

I am new to soaping and have been making them for a few months now and who knew how much I would love it!??

I love putting together a different recipe and seeing how it feels on my skin. I have been reading the forum for a while now, but finally just decided to intro. I made a coffee soap today using strong espresso as the lye water and surprisingly it took so long to cool down, don't believe I had read that anywhere. It turned out looking really great and now I am interested to try it once it is ready 😊

I just joined the forum as well! Welcome to another new person! Have been experimenting with coffee soaps as well. I make super strong coffee and leave it in the fridge to cool down. Shake well before measuring as the solution settles. Also I use finely ground coffee, put into a glass jar and pour oil over it to infuse for a few weeks, then use in soap making. I like jojoba oil, safflower or sunflower oils. That way the oils add more coffee oomph to the soap. Strain through cheesecloth or not depending on whether or not you want coffee grounds in your soap. I have a burr grinder that will grind coffee very fine. I also like to infuse soap making oils with calendula, lavender, and chamomile. Am also infusing dandelions but adding a bit of lavender as dandelions do not have the best smell when dried.

Welcome Footloose.

@bwtapestry I would save the expensive Jojoba oils for leave on products. First it really is not an oil but a wax and it lends nothing to soap other than expense. It is wonderful in lotions, body butters, salves, and lip balms. Sorry, just a little left turn in the thread but I read your post. 😉

I like jojoba oil,
I would save the expensive Jojoba oils for leave on products.
I saw that too!
Faint.gif

. We are all six degrees of separation from him anyways lol
🤣 You won't believe this but Seth Meyers was the subject of last evening's episode of Finding Your Roots on NPR. When he turned the last page of his ancestry book to see who he shared DNA with, he was blown away to see a picture of Kevin Bacon! Seth's comment? "WOW! That is so cool! Only one degree of separation!"

Back