Hello soap newbie here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourwolfden

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Manda and I have just gotten into soap making. I found a blog post talking about melt and pour soap and was fascinated. So my hubby and I took a trip to the craft store (1 hours away!) to pick up a few basics.

My goal is to learn to make some awesome soap that will be great for us to have around the house as well great Christmas presents for all the women on my list.

The plan is to stick with melt and pour for a while and then try my hand at CP or maybe rebatch.

I want to be able to have some great soap at home for us to use on our bodies, a good face scrub for me, a great exfoliator for my husband to use on his chest (where he works he gets all sweaty and greasy and it is causing him to brake out so I would like to remedy that) and some nice his/hers shaving soaps.

Eventually I would like to try to make some lotions, lip balms, bath fizzies... all the fun stuff!

I have included a picture of the first couple of soaps I have made (after reading that craft store bases aren't the best I am using these just to get a feel for things before I place an order at Brambleberry).

The first (far left) is made with a goat's milk base, orange/mint fragrance, and a little bit of orange coloring with dead sea salt added.

The next is a clear base scented with a Tranquil blend, colored with purple and black salt imbedded in the top.

The third is a round soap make with goats milk. I added coco powder that had some crushed candy canes in it and oatmeal. No sent or coloring.

The next (in the pineapple) is a clear base with lots of orange sent, orange coloring and way to many coffee grounds.

The swirled (far right) is made with orange sent. The orange part is clear soap with orange coloring, the white part is goat's milk with coffee grounds.

firstfewtiresatmeltandpoursoap.jpg

Hi Manda,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

You've got some nice looking soap. I particularly like the orange/white swirl with coffee grounds. Where did you get your scents?

Hi manda, welcome to the forum. You are well on your way with those pretty soaps..

Thank you! Everything I have bought so far has came from Michael's. I am very excited about making a Brambleberry order but am trying to figure out what all fragrances and additives I need before I order the pack of 7 melt and pour bases.

Back