Hello, Soap Making Forum!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batountry101

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Victoria, and I live with my daughter in Missouri.
Growing up, my mom and best friend's family dabbled in DIY laundry detergent, bath products and soaps.
About a year ago I decided I was done working under someone, and set out to find a way to market a hobby. I'm not especially talented at painting, guitar or spontaneous build-it-yourself projects; so soap it was!

I'd like to use this forum to find ways to make soaps, bath bombs, lotions, deodorant, etc. in a way that differentiates itself from everything else people can buy at the moment. I'm interested in incorporating herbal medicine into my products, and keeping them as natural as possible!

I've been lurking on the forum a while now, but just recently made an account. It's nice to finally officially meet everyone! :lol:

Hey and welcome!

Selling while new is a hot button issue around here, so don't be surprised if you get a few pointed comments to that end.

Greetings and welcome to the addiction. :) In addition to what Susie said I would like to add that claiming medical benefits to soap is also a hot topic around here, as it is illegal to do so in the United States.
Save

Last edited:
Welcome Victoria. I can only second what everyone has said. Please don't think us harsh or criticizing. We are just stating the facts. We welcome you to the forum. I tried selling for a while, but it is a crowded market and it just isn't worth it for me. I still make soap for my friends and family as well as other bath and body products.

Hi Victoria! You've selected a great forum to join. I've learned a lot here. I started out making bath bombs and selling them at a local farmers market. That was 6 yrs ago and now we make a living off of our bath and candle company. You need to start somewhere, so start small and grow your company slowly and you will succeed!

Hello, Victoria. I just recently moved to the MidMo area. There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Welcome to the forum!

Ditto what Susie said. Here's a list of 'hot button' topics common to our forum: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56833

Admittedly I am still a newbie but I thought I had read everything possible relating to making lye soap. Apparently not because I did not know the following:

"Admittedly, the reaction of gas on fire is not in the same league as vinegar on a lye splash, but warnings will be yelled out nevertheless, because whenever lye and acids mix, a chemical reaction takes place that involves an exothermic heat exchange to some degree and length of time before any neutralization from the acid can take effect. "

^^^This is from the link IrishLass posted above. Lots of good stuff at that link.

Scooter

Welcome to this little soaping corner of the internet , where every day is a learning day . Hope you enjoy our company.

Back