Hello Soap Folks!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenElliott

Reaction score
My name is Jennifer and I dabbled in soap about 15 years ago without much success. Now I am much more involved because of my skin condition and sensitivities. I am unable to use any products with coconut, palm or castor oil. Unfortunately almost every commercial product has at least one of those ingredients. So, for the last six months I have been researching and trying to create every product I use, from soap to shampoo, hair styling products, lotions, deodorant and makeup. Lots of trials, lots of errors. I've managed a decent bar of soap and shampoo bar, but still needs much improvement. Same for the rest, hair conditioner, gel, lotion, etc. All need improvement, but are promising. Makeup will be the last to tackle because I think I will be able to tweak my existing formulas for the makeup.

I am hoping this forum will be able to help me with information and suggestions. The type of oils I need have been expensive, so the fails hurt my heart and my wallet.

I hope everyone here is well.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Elliott

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your projects. I have a real simple & quick lotion bar recipe that I really like and you can make it as cheap to expensive as you'd like. It's 1/3 each of beeswax, a butter, and a liquid oil. I also add 1% essential oil and 1% vitamin E oil. Lately I've been liking to use mango butter but have used cocoa and shea. For liquids, I like meadowfoam seed, jojoba, and sweet almond oil.
My family's and my skin has never been healthier since I started making soap and lotion bars -- which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

Welcome.

For makeup, I started using mineral make up around 15 years ago and haven’t gone back. The company is Signature Minerals and contains no parabens, bismuth oxychloride, boran nitrate, talc, cornstarch, petroleum derivatives, or nano particles. I really love that I can customize my foundation for different times of the year.

ETA: I have no affiliation with SM other than being a customer who really likes their products.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back