Hello, new to the Forum!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy Lou

Reaction score
Hello folks! I have been lurking here for a month or so and finally registered, yay!

I have been a hobbyist soap maker since about 2004 and have gifted and sold just a bit here and there 0ver the years. I had to stop making soap for a while as it was not practical in my living space and my last batch was made about 5 years ago. I lost interest for a long time as well, but lately, I have gotten a serious itch to make some again. In the process of gathering supplies here and there. I have considered making a business but at this time, due to not good space and other reasons, will forego attempting it. I do, however, hope to at least sell here and there to offset the hobby somewhat!

Also, the recipe that I had created and used, I will have to re-work totally, as I no longer feel comfortable to use soy based shortening especially. I have used lard and tallow also but in my area, VEGAN is where it is at.

My first batch will be a bastile, which I enjoy anyway. My goal for this year is to make some gifts for co-workers and family.

I used to be a member of the old Latherings, Soap Dish and Whisk Forums, but I must say, THIS is my favorite, as I see people interacting very nicely and not back biting, not to mention OH SO KNOWLEDGEABLE! Looking forward to interacting with you! Cheers!!! :)

Welcome, Lindy Lou. You would think I live in a very vegan area being in Southern California, but I actually have very few vegan customers or folks that even ask. I do make Vegan and non- Vegan.

Hi! Wow, good to know!

Latest posts

Back