Hello, I'm new and another Arkansan

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellsoap

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Jackie and I am going to attempt my first batch of soap this week. I am a computer lab teacher at an elementary school. I have a very understanding husband, 2 daughters 14 and soon to be 12 yr old, 2 stepdaughters and their husbands, 3 stepgranddaughters 10 yr old, 18 and16 month olds. We have 3 goats, a horse, 6 rabbits, too many chickens to count, cats, a dog, and a chinchilla.

I have been researching CP soap for several weeks. I bought a soap making kit from Sun Feather so I'm going to try it this week while I'm out of school. I have been ordering supplies FO's, EO's, oils (apricot kernal oil, avacodo oil and etc) and lye.

I am so excited to try it. I have problems sleeping so I have set at the computer for many many hours reading about CP soap. I don't know of anyone in my area that makes soap so I'm hoping I get good at it.

I have already learned a lot from you guys and hope to learn a lot more.

jackie

Well, hello neighbor to the south! We're in southwest Missouri, around Springfield. Do you by any chance live in northwestern Ark? Anyway, welcome here and we look forward to hearing from you and chatting. If you have any questions, just ask and one of us will answer you if not many of us! :lol: Thanks for joining our soap family1

Paul.... :) :wink:

I live in central Arkansas south of Little Rock. I've been to Springfield several times since Branson is always a place we like to visit and normally to go Springfield while we are there.

I read where you buy Rice Bran Oil from Riceland. I worked for Riceland before getting married. My office was in the middle of the Rice mill so I probably still have rice bran in my lungs even if it has been 20 yrs. My dad built practically every rice dryer in Arkansas. Sounds like I need to go visit some old friends at Riceland and get some Rice Bran Oil or have my sister pick me up some. I always like to support the local products. Next time we head toward Branson I will give you a shout to see if you need me to bring you some.

I look forward to this board.

jackie

Cool! 8) That is nice of you! Sure thing, when you come through, stop by and the wife and I will share a cup of coffee over soap chat! You might be able to get a few free samples of my soaps and lotions or a tour of the TOG Soap Making Shop! Look forward to meeting you some time!

Paul.... :) :wink:

Welcome new soaper! Sounds like you have a house full! My goodness!!

I give you a ton of credit for being an elementary school teacher!! YOU GET AN A++++++++

And you want to make soap? Geez you are a busy bee! Welcome to our family!

Carrie

Latest posts

Back