Hello, I'm a new soaper from Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorinda

Reaction score
Hello there from Canada, I live in BC :)

I am a new soaper for the second time. I started making soap before I had my kids and made around 6 batches after taking a soap class at the UOA. I have four kids ranging from ages 12-19 and now I'm taking another stab at it since my daughter has been buying handmade soaps.

I jumped into three complicated soap recipes over the last two weeks because I wanted something to wrap for Christmas (with a note on it saying it needs to cure longer lol). I wanted a scent, a natural colour and I used the soapmaking friend for the oils and lye. I completely went wild and had messages from people to slow down. I could have used what was from my book but I was so excited there's such a fabulous lye calculator and recipe builder, I just didn't know what and how to balance. I have taken many notes and learned a ton in terms of max oil percentages, what gelling is... and some things not to do lol. So that's my second start so far.

After the holidays I will try the basic soap recipes recommended and will build from there. Currently can't wait until I do the next batch, it's addicting to make batches and unmold. I'm looking forward to learning more and being part of this community as I develop skills.

PS: this is where I did my first order of soap supplies in Canada: Soap and More

Cheers! Lorinda

Welcome.gif

Here is a fun thread to read to guide you through the early stages of the addiction! :nodding:

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO YOUR BEGINNING SOAPING SELF?

Back