Hello from Willow, Alaska!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolarSoaps

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Disa and my partner in soap is Misty. We are burgeoning soap makers out here and have been lurking on the forums for advice and have learned quite a lot. So we figured this was a nice place and decided to join up.

We're working on purchasing our first set of supplies that are all our own, but we're having issues with finding a supplier that doesn't double our cost just for shipping. Does anyone else from Alaska have any suppliers that they have worked with?

Just got back from Alaska! What a beautiful place! When I win the lottery (;p ) my plan is to summer in Alaska and winter in Hawaii. Sadly, I don't know of a supplier. Maybe you and your friend could start a soap supply business!

@Deborah Long Phoenix eh? Never been, but it sounds like it would be better than here in winter at least! hehe
@shunt2011 Thank you =D
@dixiedragon Yes, very pretty in the summer. I'm not really a winter person, don't have the money for the fun toys and it is too cold and dark lol. I would love to winter in Hawaii. So far, Hawaii is the best place I have ever visited.

@lsg Thank you ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif
Disa, I'm sorry I can't help you with suppliers, I'm in Australia. Enjoy your soap making when you get going.

Hello from Wasilla!! I’m hoping you get an answer. I’m trying to get a friend to drive it up or fly up with some. The shipping is just outrageous!!!

-Trenna

Welcome, PolarSoaps! I've tried to convince my husband to transfer to Alaska for a year. It's job opportunity that would increase his pay that would go toward increasing his retirement income, but his mom is in a nursing home in town and we can't really leave here for a year. Anyway, massively large Alaska is gorgeous! We visited a bit over a year ago and definitely plan to return.

I saw several handcrafted soaps for sale and spoke with one soapmaker while there, but didn't get into discussion about where she bought her supplies. A search on the internet should give you the contact information of some soapmakers in Alakska and you might be able to ask them for local suppliers. Here's a supplier in Alaska who no longer sells, but does say 'email me' if you are desparate for supplies so maybe they can give you some information about others to contact: http://www.soapmakingstuff.com/

Here are some other Alaska soapmakers listed with the Guild: https://www.soapguild.org/consumers/find-soap-cosmetics/united-states/alaska.php If you click on the links, you should get contact information and maybe they can help you find local suppliers.

Latest posts

Back