Hello from western NY

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Joined and wanted to say hello! Wife and I are new to soap making and appreciate the wealth of information here. We will be trying our first batch of Castile soap this weekend. Wish us luck!

Peter

Welcome Peter :). You'll have to wait a while before you use that one, good luck :thumbs:.

Hello and Welcome!! Castille takes a really long cure......you may want to have another recipe ready to go that will cure quicker. Enjoy the process!

Hello and Welcome!! Castille takes a really long cure......you may want to have another recipe ready to go that will cure quicker. Enjoy the process!
Thank you! We are expecting a long cure process 8-12 weeks, but we would be open to something quicker. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you. We are expecting the long cure, but would like to try something quicker. Does a hot process vs a cold process hasten the cure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome PKappy!

HP does not quicken cure, it only quickens saponification....two different things. Hp actually takes longer to cure because of the extra water that needs to evaporate.

IrishLass :)

Thank you! We are expecting a long cure process 8-12 weeks, but we would be open to something quicker. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It’s more like 8-12 months for Castile. Not 8-12 weeks. There’s a recipe on here called “Zany’s” Castile which cures a little faster due to the process. Check if out.

It’s more like 8-12 months for Castile. Not 8-12 weeks. There’s a recipe on here called “Zany’s” Castile which cures a little faster due to the process. Check if out.
I will give it a look see. Thank you!

Isg, is welcoming new member who started this thread pkappy (Peter), not you.
It's me. PKappy is a nickname :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back