Hello from VA!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenfrat

Reaction score
Hey there everyone! I've been posting on here for about a week, but thought I should formally introduce myself.
My name is Jen and I live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I'm originally from Western NY and that is where my soaping obsession began about 13 years ago. Back then I started making soaps for my itchy, dry skin and eventually started selling it. Had several stores in our area carry my soaps and was having so much fun with it all.
Hubby's job necessitated a move to Virginia and once we were settled I got right back into business with a couple of stores picking up my product. At that point I decided to go back to school to become a teacher (I teach high school science). Teaching makes one VERY busy, so unfortunately I couldn't really keep up with soaping. Soon after we had children...lye and babies don't mix!
SO, it's been about 9 years now but I'm ready to get back into soaping! I'm so excited!! Just waiting on my lye and molds (the building trades teacher at my school is making me some!)
Can't wait to meet all of you!!!

Welcome! That is awesome you can get people to make your molds - I am jealous.
Will you be using soap as a learning experience in your science classes?

Welcome! That is awesome you can get people to make your molds - I am jealous.
Will you be using soap as a learning experience in your science classes?

Hahaha! When I taught chemistry it was one of my labs. I teach biomedical science now so it really wouldn't fit, although one of my students suggested selling them for a fundraiser. LOL

Welcome from a fellow Virginian! I'm in the lovely historic area south of Charlottesville and very near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. The Shen Valley is one beautiful place too. Glad to hear you're soaping again!

Latest posts

Back