Hello from the ~Show Me State~

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarlett

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been soaping for about 8-9 years but got burnt out a few years ago and made only one batch of soap since then. Believe me though, I had made enough soap to last us that whole time! LOL

I started up again last week and made two batches, made 2 yesterday and have another two going now.

I really love to make it and did miss it. I think what burnt me out was that I was selling them and it was hard to keep up with it just being me and my little ole kitchen. I've decided I'm not taking orders. I'll sell what I have and that's it... Unless I win the lottery and can afford to open my own soap kitchen - fully stocked and a couple of employees... :D

Well welcome to our little forum! Hope you have a great time here. Seems like there are a few of you from the show me state! PAUL!!!!!

Hi Scarlett! Welcome to the forum. Wish I had 8-9 years under my belt. Would love to see your soap pics sometime.

I think Paul is recruiting! Welcome! You will most definately 'feel' it here!

Birdie

I hear ya, scarlett. I'm just about at that stage myself....burnt out. I have taken this soapmaking hobby as far as it can go, and it still threatens to become too big to handle. So I'm beginning to teach people in the neighbourhood now, so at least somebody will help out with sales, even though I won't get the income for them. At least the customers who have come to love homemade soap will continue to be able to purchase it.

I'm not giving up, just slowing down.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the compliments on my website! I feel so welcome!!

Woodi, hindsight's 20/20 and I should have just said "uncle" and went on but I thought I "had" to do it and it was a major crash and burn.

I'm just going to make what I want to make and sell just what I have - no orders.

scarlett said:
I'm just going to make what I want to make and sell just what I have - no orders.

That's what I plan to do. I'll just put up what I have and they can buy what is available. I wouldn't be able to do orders...still working. Plus it would no longer be a fun venture if I had to take orders. It would become more of a pressurized effort. If they buy...they buy. If they don't...then I had fun experimenting.

Just wanted to say welcome!

Your soaps look lovely!

I know what you mean about staff and a soap kitchen!!

I am in the process of hiring a student to help with labels and packaging...I figure the minimum wage for a few hours here and there is worth my sanity!

J

breathenatural said:
Just wanted to say welcome!

Your soaps look lovely!

I know what you mean about staff and a soap kitchen!!

I am in the process of hiring a student to help with labels and packaging...I figure the minimum wage for a few hours here and there is worth my sanity!

J
Thanks J!

I have kids and you think I could get them to help out - especially since they get free soap but they are too busy. Good idea on hiring a student. I'm sure I could find one that would like a little extra spending money.

Well, how did this Ozark's hillbilly miss this new member! :oops: :lol: A big 'ole "Show Me" how-do, Kelly! Cool! I think we have about 5 members now that are from Missouri. Man, I have to visit your web site next! If you are ever down Springfield way, lets do a coffee and swap a few bars, OK! My wife and I love chatting soap, and soap accessories! Welcome again sorry for missing your intro so long! :oops:

Paul :wink:

Latest posts

Back