Hello from the Seattle area!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Sarah...I live in the Seattle area and have been making CP soap for three years and have gradually and slowly been making and selling a little more every year. My favorite ingredient to use is beer! I love the lather it gives my soap, and the recipe I use is dependable and versatile. I also have a source for goat milk and finally tried my hand at GM soap this past summer. I use the most natural ingredients I can find, color with clays and herbs, and only EO for fragrance.

My goals for this year are to increase my production and be ready for a farmer's market this spring/summer and a festival or two as well.

I have been following the forum for a while (I signed up two years ago)...searching for answers to my questions and just scrolling around on the app, but I'm ready to jump in and participate now! :)

Hi Sarah good luck on your soaping adventure this year and many years to come!

Hey Sarah! Washingtonian here too. I kind of feel like with Brambleberry up in Bellingham, WA is a bit of a soap mecca.

Have you visited Zenith Supplies on Roosevelt? It's my favorite right now.

Also in WA although I am one the better East side of the state.

You could do a lot of great things with the local micros!

Raincityjen, I love Zenith Supplies! That's one of my go-to spots, or if I need something that I can't wait to ship from somewhere else :) Another store I like for their herbs (for colorants and exfoliants) is Dandelion Botanicals in Ballard.

Mockingbird Ramble, at our house we are fully aware of the greatness of the east side of the state :) We drive over there a lot in the summer time. And I have taken advantage of several of our craft brews in my soap too. I've used Fremont Brewing, Leavenworth Whistling Pig, Pike Brewing...to name a few.

Latest posts

Back