Hello from Texas!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesslla

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Jesslla, otherwise known as Marlene. I'm just starting (again) my soap making journey.

About ten years ago a friend and I dabbled in making soap. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't have the money to invest in oils and then my roommate moved out. All the soap making supplies (except equipment, like the stick blender) were hers.

I'm trying to build up a small craft business and would like to add soaps to my stock, so here I am, trying to learn everything I can about soap making.

Hobbies include knitting, playing with my cats, reading, sleeping, hanging out with my husband, cross stitch, coloring, and now soap making. :)

I live near the DFW metroplex here in Texas, where it is currently too hot. I live for the fall and winter around here.

Any questions, just ask! I'm sure I'll have lots to say and ask myself. Right now, I'm just not sure what even to ask.

Thank you! I'm reading threads and learning SO much. I'm going to revise my plans to sell, based on the good information in the business forum threads. I really want to do this right, and that will clearly take time and practice.

So, for now, I'm going to just make soap for myself (and maybe friends) and see how that works out. :)

Howdy and welcome! I'm a Texas refugee... lived mainly in Houston, Dallas-area (briefly) and Austin when I was young, 1000ft tall and full of vim. I miss the food, but you can keep the heat. :)

Check out the stickies in the beginner section for some great info. If you're a visual person, Soaping101 on youtube has informative videos that build on one another.

Welcome! I miss Texas. I lived in the Lewisville/Denton areas for five years. I got excited every day on my way to work when I saw the same herd of cows and it cracked me up to watch people ride their horses on Main St past Lewsville High School. I almost crashed my car the first time I went to WallyWorld and saw a horse at a red light!

welcome.. I should be in texas or Oklahoma for my son boot camp graduation
Cant wait to visit.

Happy Saponifying

Welcome to the forum, and back to the addiction!

Welcome and hiya from another Texas transplant :) I'm in the Houston area, been in Texas for 4 years.

I've only lived here in Texas, so I'm used to the heat and humidity. (And the cows, LOL) I'd like to move somewhere with less brutal summers, but I don't like the idea of driving on snow in the winters. Actually, I'm terrified of snow and ice, probably because it's so rare around here. When it does ice, it shuts the whole area of the state down until it melts.

I've only lived here in Texas, so I'm used to the heat and humidity. (And the cows, LOL) I'd like to move somewhere with less brutal summers, but I don't like the idea of driving on snow in the winters. Actually, I'm terrified of snow and ice, probably because it's so rare around here. When it does ice, it shuts the whole area of the state down until it melts.

I've been in Texas all my life..lived awhile in Tenn {love the winters there} but ended up coming back home because I just missed it so much.

We've not had rain in any abundance here in a couple months, and your mention of snow got me to thinking about something my brother said the other day when we got a bit of a shower here..I asked him what I was hearing outside, he said 'snow' hahahaha! He's pretty much right..Texas snow is pretty much 'rain' hehehee

Latest posts

Back