Hello from Sydney Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mez2219

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm new to soap making and looking forward to my new business venture
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with packaging and regulations in NSW, Australia.
The research that I have done so far does not tell me what to abbreviate the sodium hydroxide with and the sodium lactate. (or do I have to use those words in full) Does anything else need to be abbreviated??
Also just wondering how I can get away with putting my address on the label.
The question has been asked from what I can see, however there does not seem to be an answer for it.

Thanks in advance

Welcome! Not being from Australia, I cannot answer most of your questions.

Since you are new to soapmaking, it is not recommended that you sell your soaps until you have made - and cured - and tested - enough batches to be sure your products are safe for people to use. Here is an older thread that can help you evaluate when you are ready to take that step:

Selling Soap

Welcome! Not being from Australia, I cannot answer most of your questions.

Since you are new to soapmaking, it is not recommended that you sell your soaps until you have made - and cured - and tested - enough batches to be sure your products are safe for people to use. Here is an older thread that can help you evaluate when you are ready to take that step:

Selling Soap
Thanks for that. I will check that out.
I have made my samples and just waiting for them to cure so we can test them out.

Welcome. Agree with @AliOop. It is recommended that you soap for at least a year before you start selling. I started selling about six months after I started and it was a mistake because regardless of months and months of research...it took making soap to actually learn about soap making. You really need that time to develop your recipe...the one that is your staple, that you will make the majority of your soap. You need that time to see how your soap cures...not just in six weeks, but three months, six months and yes...a year. Unless you are soap/curing in a controlled environment, your soap making is going to change throughout the year depending on temperature and humidity. And part of developing your recipe is sending your bars of soap out into the real world to be tested...let friends and family across the country put it through its paces.

Latest posts

Back