Hello from Sussex in England

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni2016

Reaction score
Hello to everyone on the forum. My name is Toni, and I am addicted to soap making. It is so relaxing and the most creative I have ever been. I am always watching you tube and then trying the recipe for myself. I am very lucky to have a supportive Husband Pete, who makes wooden soap boxes for me, silicone molds and soap drying racks. I have turned our small bedroom into my soap room, and when I go in there I feel like I have landed in paradise.

I love this forum, as it is a wealth of information and ideas, and I am looking forward to being a part of it.

With my best wishes
Toni

Hi Toni, I'm from Sussex too:)

Welcome to the forum. I'm with you on this being a wonderful addiction. I feel so happy and at peace when I soap. This is definitely the best place to be to learn more about soaping, and such a supportive community of soapers (or should I say enablers!!!!).

You'll have to post lots of photos of your creations, we absolutely loooove photos!

I'm trying to convince my husband to help me make silicone moulds too, but we have to plaster the outside of our house first:(

Last edited:
Hi Toni, I'm from Sussex too:)

Welcome to the forum. I'm with you on this being a wonderful addiction. I feel so happy and at peace when I soap. This is definitely the best place to be to learn more about soaping, and such a supportive community of soapers (or should I say enablers!!!!).

You'll have to post lots of photos of your creations, we absolutely loooove photos!

I'm trying to convince my husband to help me make silicone moulds too, but we have to plaster the outside of our house first:(

Thank you so much for your welcome and I if you need any ideas for the silicone molds after the house has been plastered, just let me know, and isn't great that the sun is shining in Sussex today!
Hey and welcome!
Thank you for the welcome and I am so glad I have joined the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Toni, nice to meet you! : - )

Good choice to join the only place you can blab about soap aaall day long, and not get glazing stares, loud sighs or people looking around for a way out of the conversation about how much everyone should start to use real soap *grin*.

Oh, and I am SO jealous of you, to have your very own soapmold maker right there! So nice to hear he is so supportive of you.

Hi, Toni. Of course I relate to everything you said. Well except my husband making soap molds for me. But whenever we are in a shop, he looks at something and says, 'This might be a nice soap mold.' Or he will come get me to show me how other handcrafted soapers are wrapping their soaps. He even apparently talks about it at work because when they recently had a contest and were soliciting items to give as prizes, the lady in charge of that asked him if I could donate a couple of bars of my handmade soap. And when I wanted to go to a soapmaking class, he scheduled our vacation around it. It's really nice to have someone so supportive.

Welcome to the forum from an expat!

Thank you and already I am enjoying being a part of something, where all the members love soap!
Welcome Toni!:)

Thanks Isg, I am already loving it so much!
Greetings and welcome to the addiction.

Thanks Kamahido
Welcome, Toni, nice to meet you! : - )

Good choice to join the only place you can blab about soap aaall day long, and not get glazing stares, loud sighs or people looking around for a way out of the conversation about how much everyone should start to use real soap *grin*.

Oh, and I am SO jealous of you, to have your very own soapmold maker right there! So nice to hear he is so supportive of you.

Thanks My Soapy Heart, you are right about non-soapers, but when I talk to people about my passion, I can't seem to help myself, I get carried away when I read things about soap, and then I just have to tell everyone.

With best wishes
Toni
Welcome to the forum. I'm new here, too.

Thanks McMom, I know I will love it and I am sure you do too
Hi, Toni. Of course I relate to everything you said. Well except my husband making soap molds for me. But whenever we are in a shop, he looks at something and says, 'This might be a nice soap mold.' Or he will come get me to show me how other handcrafted soapers are wrapping their soaps. He even apparently talks about it at work because when they recently had a contest and were soliciting items to give as prizes, the lady in charge of that asked him if I could donate a couple of bars of my handmade soap. And when I wanted to go to a soapmaking class, he scheduled our vacation around it. It's really nice to have someone so supportive.

Thanks Earlene, I think we are both lucky with such lovely husbands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for your welcome and I if you need any ideas for the silicone molds after the house has been plastered, just let me know, and isn't great that the sun is shining in Sussex today!

Thank you for the welcome and I am so glad I have joined the forum.

Thanks for the offer of advice with the silicone moulds, I'm sure I'll need some pointers :) it's been beautifully sunny, all day too! I keep expecting it to rain or cloud over:-?

Hi Toni and welcome!

My husband, too is very supportive - he took two of my wrapped soaps to work today to give to two of his colleagues who are having birthdays - because he is so proud of my soap. :)

Back