Hello from sunny Singapore!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squarepancakes

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been a candlemaker for years and have been wanting to try soap making for years but due to the lye import regulations only recently managed to try out making CP soap at a studio lately. It was as fun as I expected and I've already signed up for a liquid CP class as well as membership to use the studio for more soap making!

I hope will be easier to manage than my expensive candle making hobby. I used to import stuff from Korea and US for candles and it was crazy expensive; so if there's others from Singapore here, hope to connect and learn more from you guys on where to source for supplies locally.

My first batch of soap had some issues that I noticed and learnt about such as soda ash, hopefully the next batch comes out better! Looking forward to learning from others here!

Ps. Sorry for the odd photos. I brought my soaps home in a cardboard box and realised a spare drawer I had was the right size so am curing them in it (opened of course).

IMG_20220107_113312.jpegIMG_20220107_132955.jpeg

✨Welcome to SMF!✨ I myself would never judge where & how someone else airs out their soap! 😂 Your soap looks pretty. I’m not a fan of soda ash either but a salt bath rinses it right off.

Welcome! Your soaps are pretty. When my small curing rack gets over-filled with soap, I also use cardboard boxes lined with parchment paper. There are always plenty of boxes around here due to all the stuff that, uh, my husband orders online. ;)

Back