Hello from southern Mississippi! Near gulf coast

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Kristen, I am a relatively new soaper. My soaping adventure began as a result to finding the perfect diaper rash paste for my newborn infant (at the time) with very sensitive skin.. 2 weeks after bringing Hallie home from the hospital she got a severe diaper rash! She was exclusively breast fed and we struggled even with an elimination diet! Numerous trips to the Pediatrician and even dermatologists office; they kept telling me to use the exact same things over and over expecting different results! Insanity, literally!! After 30+ OTC AND RX and mixture of both, to no avail I turned to more "natural" options.. I did tons of research.. finally formulating the "holy grail" of diaper paste! Finally!! Now she is 2 years old and potty trained! After just restocking in bulk I needed a way to use the butters and such I bought. I do oil cleansing (facial) etc but still not enough to use up my stock completely.. then came my deodorant.. and finally, soap!! I originally only planned to do a few batches. 1 dish 1 laundry 1 shampoo 1 body 1 face hahahahahah!!!! Hilarious!!! I became addicted! It's so fun!!! I love it!!

Welcome! I live in south Alabama and go to the Mississippi gulf coast often. My mom lives in Long Beach and my brother lives in Bay St Louis. I hear you about the sensitive baby skin. My pediatrician's nurse said that my son's eczema was the worst she'd ever seen. Fortunately he grew out of it. I'm addicted too, but it's still a cheaper hobby than golf 😂😂

Welcome.gif

I'm addicted to soap making too. It keeps me sane and it's cheaper than therapy! 😂 😂

Welcome! I live in south Alabama and go to the Mississippi gulf coast often. My mom lives in Long Beach and my brother lives in Bay St Louis. I hear you about the sensitive baby skin. My pediatrician's nurse said that my son's eczema was the worst she'd ever seen. Fortunately he grew out of it. I'm addicted too, but it's still a cheaper hobby than golf 😂😂
That’s real close I actually just took a day trip to Theodore Alabama the day before yesterday lol..

Back