Hello from South India :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! So excited to have my account approved, now I can ask questions :)

I'm in Southern part of india where we have abundant coconut oil. My very first soap was a 100% coconut oil soap with 20% sf that I made together with a friend, who was also doing her very first batch at that time. Since then I've been hooked.

I've been soaping for few months now and had my 6th batch yesterday. My 2nd -4th batch was done without a stick blender, which I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it was not that painful. If anything, it was more relaxed and meditative. I even made 100% olive oil soap with hand stirring , thanks to an old book I read on archive.org that told me that I didn't have to stir constantly and continuously. Such a relief, when she'd said that it would take 3 days for the OO soap to trace! Thankfully mine traced only in few hours. I love how chemistry magic work its way.

My interest is mostly in soaping with simple ingredients, using natural colorants and no scents (not finding reasonably priced essential oils here).

Well enough of the long intro, I hope to learn a lot and hopefully pass it on later when I'm wiser on soapmaking :)

Rahmi

Welcome to the forum!

My SO is from Tamil Nadu, and my dad is from Goa originally... where in South India are you from?

I also made my 100% olive oil soap without a stick blender hehehe..

I've actually seen some sites with good prices for EOs there.. But in bulk. I'm also into natural colorants, and I'm envious of you because there are a lot there haha

Hope to see more of you around! :)

Hi all! So excited to have my account approved, now I can ask questions :)

I'm in Southern part of india where we have abundant coconut oil. My very first soap was a 100% coconut oil soap with 20% sf that I made together with a friend, who was also doing her very first batch at that time. Since then I've been hooked.

I've been soaping for few months now and had my 6th batch yesterday. My 2nd -4th batch was done without a stick blender, which I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it was not that painful. If anything, it was more relaxed and meditative. I even made 100% olive oil soap with hand stirring , thanks to an old book I read on archive.org that told me that I didn't have to stir constantly and continuously. Such a relief, when she'd said that it would take 3 days for the OO soap to trace! Thankfully mine traced only in few hours. I love how chemistry magic work its way.

My interest is mostly in soaping with simple ingredients, using natural colorants and no scents (not finding reasonably priced essential oils here).

Well enough of the long intro, I hope to learn a lot and hopefully pass it on later when I'm wiser on soapmaking :)

Rahmi

Welcome, Rahmi! So good to have you aboard.

I have recipes I don't use a SB with. Pomace Olive Oil speeds trace, so when I make Castile soap, I often use 50% pomace and 50% regular OO and never use the SB. It will trace in less than 5 minutes by hand stirring. But as you say, one does not have to stir constantly even without a stick blender.

Soaping without scent is no problem, IMO. I actually like the smell of unscented soap, although some scents really do attract me, as I was reminded when I was opening boxes of stored soap to put together a give-away package the other night.

Back