Hello from SC

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow soap makers.

This past summer, I decided to try my hand at making soap because my daughter has some bad eczema on her leg and the small tubes of drugs run about $400 each, so I figured there had to be a better solution.

So, in the Summer of '16 I made some moisturizing soap and also mixed up some moisturizing cream for her. It was a success and seemed way cheaper than the pharmaceutical route.

Well, by the end of 2016, I had made 34 batches of soap (smallest ones were usually 3 pounds oil, largest around 8), so that "way cheaper" depends on how you look at it. :) But I am enjoying it and getting a useful commodity out of it is a nifty bonus. My biggest problem now is in settling on a standard soap to make for us to use, but I'm not sure I can ever go to a one-size-fits-all approach. It's just too much fun to make new concoctions.

And I love that this forum exists to go look for ideas and find answers to questions when things don't go the way I plan.

Randy

Hello and welcome to the forum. It's great when you can create something that works. Many have found that handmade soap improves our skin and doesn't strip all the oils from our skin.

Welcome, Randy!

randycoxclemson said:
My biggest problem now is in settling on a standard soap to make for us to use, but I'm not sure I can ever go to a one-size-fits-all approach. It's just too much fun to make new concoctions.

Welcome to the addiction! :lol:

IrishLass :)

Back