Hello from Sacramento

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathrunner

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pretty stoked to be here. I'm new to soap making and just bought my first supplies.

My youngest daughter gets rashes from regular soap, her skin is very sensitive. My wife and I decided to start making our own soap so we can narrow down what is causing her rash. We have also decided that we want to be able to make our own soaps rather than spending $$$ elsewhere.

We already do our own canning, gardening, building our own solar system (slowly), and make our own dog food. So this is just a natural progression.

Looking forward to getting some feedback and ideas. Thank you again for having me.

Welcome! Lots of folks here who got into the hobby b/c of sensitive skin.

I am curious about the dog food. I am slowly working towards supplementing dry kibble with other ingredients - yogurt, sweet potatoes, etc. Can you recommend some good sources of information?

Welcome! I'm just down the road in Fresno (transplant from Walnut Creek). I also suffered severe rashes growing up as I was "allergic to what makes soap foam" as my dermatologist explained it - detergents basically. Handmade soap has made a world of difference. I can't wait to see your creations, soap and other fabulous stuff!

Howdy and welcome!

For a minute, I read "building our own solar system (slowly)" as literally a solar system.. as in "let's start with Pluto and decide later if it's really a planet". Too much Neil Degrasse Tyson lately for me... lol.

Welcome neighbor, I live in Lodi. Where are you getting your supplies from? StarWest is in Sac, there are times I don't want to pay for shipping so I drive up and pick-up and this company doesn't charge tax when I do a pick-up. This is the wholesale site: https://wholesale.starwest-botanicals.com. They are a bit more pricey, but the products are high quality.

Back