Hello from S Dakota

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinybubbles

Reaction score
I live in S Dakota for over 25 years and for almost 18 now with goats. Therefore, I make GM soaps. I am now selling at a few places wholesale, and this month will find me at my first farmers market. I call my stuff 'Gramma Goats' Soapworks' named for the old goat who I first loved, Gramma. I now have a small herd of 3 milkers, and will keep one doeling for next year and let the oldest just raise kids.
I make about 27, 5.5oz bars per batch, and have now added colors. I am trying to get down to a set number of scents, 20, but that is hard! as soon as I think I got a nice selection, I find a new one I gotta have! ugh.
I lurk here often but rarely post, not sure I have much to add as so many here are far more advanced than I. thanks for having me!

Welcome Tinybubbles :). Please post more so we get to know you. With all that knowledge you can help someone.

Welcome Tinybubbles :). Please post more so we get to know you. With all that knowledge you can help someone.
I'm not known for being quiet! :p anything you'd like to know? btw, I never in my wildest thought I'd make soap, much less enough to sell. its getting bigger every year. since I'm going to do it, I'mma gonna do it best I can!!

Yea rah Tinybubbles!! You're an inspiration already. I always struggled with whole GM soaps. I'm a reviving soaper with a lot to practice. Love your 'Gramma Goats Soaps' name. My grandkids call me Grammadee. Welcome!

Welcome tinybubbles! SD is a wonderful state. We have family in Belle Fourche. I would move there to retire, but it’s too cold for me in the winter. My SIL and BIL keep trying to find us a house, but then she sends me pics of the thermometer in the winter...

Welcome tinybubbles! SD is a wonderful state. We have family in Belle Fourche. I would move there to retire, but it’s too cold for me in the winter. My SIL and BIL keep trying to find us a house, but then she sends me pics of the thermometer in the winter...
ha, right now its so blazing hot I cant' do a thing outside. so I made 3 loaves of soap today. I'm behind on making, so its almost a good thing. but yeah, come winter it can get chilly

I have all kinds of family out that way and Piedmont, and Rapid City! Ive been there so many times I never notice the Wall Drug Signs anymore.

Welcome tinybubbles!

I have all kinds of family out that way and Piedmont, and Rapid City! Ive been there so many times I never notice the Wall Drug Signs anymore.

Welcome tinybubbles!
But, Wall Drugs has the most amazing assortment of cowboy boots I have ever seen :)

FA67059F-4875-4F53-867E-D8CAE73767AF.jpeg

I probably have more questions than help to offer! haha
That cracked me up! Thanks, @tinybubbles, I needed that. But don't you DARE think you have nothing to offer... you do! You just need to start sharing and see how it goes. You might surprise yourself! :D
Welcome.gif

ETA
Ive been there so many times I never notice the Wall Drug Signs anymore
That one got me giggling too! So glad I popped in today! Thanks @msunnerstood

Last edited:
Back