Hello from Pennsylvania

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moca

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Shirley. I am from Pennsylvania. I just joined today but have been reading posts as a guest for the past several months. There is so much information to take in here.

I have been making HP soap and candles for the past 7 years. I am a special education teacher just about ready to begin my 25th year of teaching. I began to make soap and candles just as a way to relieve the stress from my job. Also, my husband told me I spent way too much money at Bath and Body Works. He thought it would be a good idea if I made my own. Now he wishes I would go back to BBW.

Between soaping and teaching, my husband and I also own 5 wonderful golden retrievers. At one time we had 7 but several have passed in the last two years. We also are owned by 4 cats. One night a week my husband and I take several of our dogs to the local psychiatric unit to visit. We are hoping the newest addition to our family, Toffee Macchiato, will pass his Delta Society Pet Partners test in November and be able to visit with us also.

Thanks for letting me join this forum!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :D

love your dogs name.. sounds like a name for a soap!

Actually, it is the name of one of the fragrances I use for my soaps. All of our dogs are named after coffee or desserts. I had to go searching to find a name to match the puppy. Of course, then I had to buy a bottle of the fragrance oil to see if I liked it. I fell in love with the scent....and of course the puppy.

Welcome to SMF Shirley! :D Wow, a HPer for 7 years, cool! 8) I only do CP or RTCP now. I want to jump into HP, as I have a crock pot for my rebatches. May need your advice on learning HP. Anyway, glad you found your way into our house of soap fun! Be chattin with ya! :)

Paul.... :wink:

I love HP crockpot soap. I also started out making CP soap but I am too impatient to wait that long to use it. I will say swirling is much prettier with CP but after some practice, the HP soap looks pretty good too, although I can still make a pretty ugly bar of soap at times.

This seems like such a friendly board. I am so glad I have found it.

Back