Hello from Oxfordshire

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m just returning to soap making after a 6 year break. I started keeping bees last year plus I have an allotment and I’m aiming to make soap and lotion bars using the honey and wax from my own hives, as well as growing plants and herbs to make infused oils with for the lotion bars and soaps.

I made my first batch of soap last night using Lavender and poppy seeds. I can’t wait to make more and I’m looking forward to spending g time with you all on here.

Hello everyone. I’m just returning to soap making after a 6 year break. I started keeping bees last year plus I have an allotment and I’m aiming to make soap and lotion bars using the honey and wax from my own hives, as well as growing plants and herbs to make infused oils with for the lotion bars and soaps.

I made my first batch of soap last night using Lavender and poppy seeds. I can’t wait to make more and I’m looking forward to spending g time with you all on here.

Welcome. I've only been on the forum a week. I'm new to soap making and absorbing everything I can.

Welcome.gif

Hello! welcome, im new to the forum.....I've started bee keeping also! I curious to see how my bees are surviving the winter and looking forward to blackberry season - i love your plans to make infused oils - I make lip balms......so those are similar to some of my goals!! Have fun and let us know how your infused oils turn out,

Hello! welcome, im new to the forum.....I've started bee keeping also! I curious to see how my bees are surviving the winter and looking forward to blackberry season - i love your plans to make infused oils - I make lip balms......so those are similar to some of my goals!! Have fun and let us know how your infused oils turn out,
Hi Elizabeth :)
I’m curious about my bees too. I see them out flying on the warmer days in the winter and they are getting pollen from somewhere! I did do an Oxalic Acid treatment for mites on the 30th December and there seemed to be loads of bees in the hive. They certainly made enough noise!
Hopefully they will be okay until the spring comes!

I checked the bees about 3’weeks ago and there was a small but okay hive ball in the lower deep! Now after a recent cold snap only a handful, I may have to replace them tho spring - I’m really not too sure!
How did your lavender poppy seed soap turn out - lavender is my fav!

Back