Hello from Ontario

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsten.

Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Kirsten. My usual online handle is Goegirl (a riff on my last name) but it was taken - lol - so I'm just being myself. I'm 50, blissfully single and a Registered Nurse in Mid-Northern Ontario, Canada.

I've been lurking and absorbing knowledge on the forum for a couple of months now. THANKS, by the way.

I'm not exactly new to soapmaking. I made my first lye-based batch probably 20 years ago, did lots of melt-n-pour with my kids when they were littler, and I've made the odd batch here & there. I got most of my information from library books over the years.

I started seriously committing to removing unnecessary plastic from my life a couple of years ago, which inevitably brought me to bubbly things. Shampoo and bubble bath are *SERIOUS* business in my home of bath-obsessed-teenagers. I'm comfortable with shampoo bars (syndet), I'm working on conditioners and I pursue the holy grail - homemade bubbly bubble bath. I'm very comfortable with making liquid soap (thank you, @IrishLass ! My Avatar is a pot full of almost-vaseline-stage-LS) and hot process soaps and I'm working on cold process (I'm not patient, so it's not my favourite!) soaps. But, I still have questions. So, I thought I'd finally jump in and say hi.

:dance:

Back