Hello from Ohio

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devivi

Reaction score
Hello! My names Devin and i started making cold process soap 2 months ago. I hope to learn a lot from here and that i have better luck finding nice people when i have questions the beginning soap group i joined on Facebook was sadly not so nice or welcoming to beginners...
My first batch of soap (photo included of it) will be ready to use August 3rd and i am very excited! Even though i now think i used a bad ratio of oils
I reformulated my recipe and will be trying it this weekend

I hope to eventually get to the point of selling my soaps as a side business and using my culinary background to make fun food shaped soaps!

Attachments

• 5D5E7203-216A-4C15-A92B-675921FA98F6.jpeg
    5D5E7203-216A-4C15-A92B-675921FA98F6.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
Hello, and welcome. I am new here too. The other members are awesome and a great resource!
Your avatar is so cute! I’m relieved to hear of friendly people theres still so much I don’t know I can’t wait to dive deeper into the forums to learn and understand more

Awww, thanks. Thats Bad Betty lol. She lives up to her name. She bounces off the walls, quite literally. One time she was running down the hall and i guess the dog was in her way, so she bounced off the side of the dog lol.

I use the search engine a lot. If i cant find my answers that way than i come on and ask on the forum. Sometimes there are way too many answers in the search than i feel like sorting through, and im impatient lol. Sometimes i use the search just to find ideas.

There are lots of helpful ppl here. Again, welcome!

Welcome Devivi! Ope! (I'm a fellow Ohioan 🤪 )

Facebook groups can be really hit or miss...but there are several faux pas in the community that are pretty universally called out. i.e. don't ask for someone's specific recipe unless they've offered... bringing up certain ingredients can lead to heated discussions as well. Also, never ask for a lye free soap recipe 😂

This forum is so great though. It has helped me immensely over the last few years.

Hello! My names Devin and i started making cold process soap 2 months ago. I hope to learn a lot from here and that i have better luck finding nice people when i have questions the beginning soap group i joined on Facebook was sadly not so nice or welcoming to beginners...
My first batch of soap (photo included of it) will be ready to use August 3rd and i am very excited! Even though i now think i used a bad ratio of oils
I reformulated my recipe and will be trying it this weekend

I hope to eventually get to the point of selling my soaps as a side business and using my culinary background to make fun food shaped soaps!
Welcome from a fellow Buckeye. Be forewarned that those herbs you love for cooking can be just as addictive in soaps! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've lurked here for years and there is tons of great info via the search feature.

Hope

Hi Devin! I’m formerly from Ohio..( Northeast) left 10 years ago, and having some serious issues with missing my former state at this time.

Howdy, Devivi from Colorado USA!
Welcome.gif

Congratulations on making your first soap! I couldn't help but notice that it is in a glass container which is a little difficult to unmold. Try freezing it for an hour. Take it out, wait 5 minutes, then run warm water on the bottom. Hopefully, it will drop right out. You might keep an eye out for flexible plastic containers, i.e., yogurt.

There's good info for Newbie's in this thread:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/hello-very-new-here.79701/#post-832582

Hi Devin! I’m formerly from Ohio..( Northeast) left 10 years ago, and having some serious issues with missing my former state at this time.
I’m sorry to hear your missing Ohio if it makes you feel any better not being here we have been in a terribly hot drought lately 90’s and little to no rain

Howdy, Devivi from Colorado USA!
View attachment 47766

Congratulations on making your first soap! I couldn't help but notice that it is in a glass container which is a little difficult to unmold. Try freezing it for an hour. Take it out, wait 5 minutes, then run warm water on the bottom. Hopefully, it will drop right out. You might keep an eye out for flexible plastic containers, i.e., yogurt.

There's good info for Newbie's in this thread:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/hello-very-new-here.79701/#post-832582
Thank you for the advice but i have long since removed it from my container
Living in a rural area supplies are hard to come by and covid has caused shipping delays like crazy so i’m using what i have but I do have a small loaf mold ordered. My second batch of soap i made in a Pringles can

Latest posts

Back