Hello from NZ!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenny92

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, Scottish but living in New Zealand since last year with my English boyfriend. I've tried candle making in the past and gave up rather quickly, so I'm hoping to have more success with soap making. I'm considering soap-making with an intent to sell eventually, once I've perfected a few recipes! I've literally only just ordered a few basics to get myself started, so I have zero experience at present.

Looking forward to chatting with you all about suds and bubbles! I'm also interested in other handmade bath and body products eventually, perhaps bath salts or body lotions. Currently in the difficult process of deciding on a business name before I go any further. :crazy:

Welcome! lsg is right about selling. It has been 6 mos since I started soaping, I donated all my soaps at 3 mos out and started over. Still amazed at the amount of changing/morphing over time and how long to takes to figure out what changes what, it is a pretty long learning process, but incredibly fun right from the start :)

Thanks everyone! The only reason I'm thinking ahead with the business name is to ensure that it isn't taken before I get my heart set on a name. My head is just full of all sorts of ideas at the moment, I'm awfully excited.

I went equipment shopping today and got a stainless steel pot, silicone mould trays, a whisk, stick blender, digital scales... I've probably forgotten something! :think:

Back