Hello from NH

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHASoap

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been visiting the forum since '13 but I don't think i ever posted before. I was using another name, johncbee, but apparently I never activated my account because it wouldn't let me post. Anyhow i thought creating another account would be the easiest fix.
I currently make and sell soap locally and have fun with the whole process. I make cold process bar soap and some shaving soap that is hot process. I've got to say that by reading the forums I have gotten answers to many of my questions.
What prompted my visit today and wanting to post a question was my sister asking me if I made any soaps in cute little molds for her 1/2 bath soap dish. I told her that I didn't but I would check into it. The forum was my first stop.
I won't ask any specifics now because I'm not sure about the proper etiquette of the forum. I bet I will probably find out more on the subject of using molds within these halls.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and thanks to all of the smart folks that post here.

John

Hi John and welcome. You can make soap in individual molds. I recommend silicone as the hard plastic ones can be difficult to get out.
Thank you. That is kind of what I was thinking after a bit of searching the forums this morning. I guess that is will do some looking around for molds to see what my choices are.
I got into soap making through being a beekeeper so I would want some bee related molds. All of my products have beeswax in them so I would want something related.

Welcome John :). If you need to find answers to your questions, it's best to start a new thread.

Welcome, John! What part of NH? I was raised in Plaistow. Went back for a "visit" a few yrs ago...my my my how it's changed! Drove right past the homestead due to the change. It was a bittersweet trip.

What prompted my visit today and wanting to post a question was my sister asking me if I made any soaps in cute little molds for her 1/2 bath soap dish. I told her that I didn't but I would check into it. The forum was my first stop.

I make little soaps all the time; ‘kid-size’ soap, ‘sink-size’ soap, ‘travel-size’ soap. Some of molds are individual, some are cavity molds...all are silicone. I originally bought the little individual molds (from Amazon) for leftover soap, then I started making a little extra batter just to make little soaps to be used at the kitchen or bathroom sink. Then a friend who does a lot of traveling saw them and asked if I could make a batch for her, because they were the perfect size. And our granddaughters love having there own soap. Keep the scent light and the colors bright.

I won't ask any specifics now because I'm not sure about the proper etiquette of the forum. I bet I will probably find out more on the subject of using molds within these halls.

Just jump on in...the warm is general room temp or warmer. People do get a little testy if you post on old threads so if you don’t see an active thread, start one.

Welcome, John! What part of NH? I was raised in Plaistow. Went back for a "visit" a few yrs ago...my my my how it's changed! Drove right past the homestead due to the change. It was a bittersweet trip.
I'm in Sutton, which is about 1/3 of the way up the state and on the western side. We are near Sunapee, New London and Bradford. It is growing here as well but probably not as much as the Plaistow area.
I also keep bees and I have almost finished processing this year's honey. In my search for soap molds I've seen some candle molds as well. I probably don't need another project but it might be fun to at least check out my options and use up some of my beeswax!

Latest posts

Back