Hello from New England!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawksquill

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. I started soapmaking about six months ago (first melt and pour but now branching out into CP) and am just starting to commit to the hobby by buying in bulk, investing in tools and supplies, and setting up a spare closet as my soaping space. :)

I live in New England with my SO and two cats and enjoy reading, writing, board games, and tabletop games. I'm looking forward to learning more about the craft and getting to know my fellow soapers! :)

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. I started soapmaking about six months ago (first melt and pour but now branching out into CP) and am just starting to commit to the hobby by buying in bulk, investing in tools and supplies, and setting up a spare closet as my soaping space. :)

I live in New England with my SO and two cats and enjoy reading, writing, board games, and tabletop games. I'm looking forward to learning more about the craft and getting to know my fellow soapers! :)
Welcome from an Upstate New Yorker turned Missourian!

Welcome from a Bostonian, now in Colorado (but with a whole lotta other places in between).
So happy to have you join us! flowers-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry there is only ONE England!!!! Dont pretend its as good just because its got new thrown in there ;) Erm I mean welcome :p I also have 2 perfect little cat childred because lets face it they are very demanding at time people say they are independent mine sure as hell arnt independent beyond going outside for a few hours a day they want to know about everything i do in as great detail as is possible but i wouldnt have it any other way :D iv currently got one lob sided slobbed out on my knee at 4.15am and he's padding my belly with one paw doing less and less purring and padding as he falls asleep lol

Sorry there is only ONE England!!!! Dont pretend its as good just because its got new thrown in there ;) Erm I mean welcome :p I also have 2 perfect little cat childred because lets face it they are very demanding at time people say they are independent mine sure as hell arnt independent beyond going outside for a few hours a day they want to know about everything i do in as great detail as is possible but i wouldnt have it any other way :D iv currently got one lob sided slobbed out on my knee at 4.15am and he's padding my belly with one paw doing less and less purring and padding as he falls asleep lol

It's funny you should say that, because my husband is actually from "Old England" and I lived there for about a year! ;)

Our cats have been giving us a hard time at night lately, getting into squabbles and wanting attention. We're actually getting the doors of all our bedrooms replaced today because the old doors were cheap shutter-style double doors that they could break through really easily, and our house is open plan so we can't shut them in one part of the house when they're misbehaving...Hopefully we will get our first night's sleep relatively free of cat disturbances in several weeks tonight!

It's funny you should say that, because my husband is actually from "Old England" and I lived there for about a year! ;)

Our cats have been giving us a hard time at night lately, getting into squabbles and wanting attention. We're actually getting the doors of all our bedrooms replaced today because the old doors were cheap shutter-style double doors that they could break through really easily, and our house is open plan so we can't shut them in one part of the house when they're misbehaving...Hopefully we will get our first night's sleep relatively free of cat disturbances in several weeks tonight!

He's obviously a far superior human than you as he came from the orginal England ;) joking aside I do absolutly love England as a whole I spent about 4 years in north west wales and that too is a truely beutiful country. What area in England were you living?

My cats do that too but its only me and them so generally i just ignore them they fight it out and then they get tired and bored and just flop out it doesnt usually last about 5-10 minutes then they come to me for a fuss and then fall asleep allowing me to settle down myself. They truely love each other though :D Iv been house sitting this weekend so my 2 were in a big sulk about being left and iv had lots of cuddles since i came back properly

He's obviously a far superior human than you as he came from the orginal England ;) joking aside I do absolutly love England as a whole I spent about 4 years in north west wales and that too is a truely beutiful country. What area in England were you living?

My cats do that too but its only me and them so generally i just ignore them they fight it out and then they get tired and bored and just flop out it doesnt usually last about 5-10 minutes then they come to me for a fuss and then fall asleep allowing me to settle down myself. They truely love each other though :D Iv been house sitting this weekend so my 2 were in a big sulk about being left and iv had lots of cuddles since i came back properly

I lived in Liverpool! I went to Wales a couple times and really loved it, too. :)

Yeah, we've tried ignoring them and I think the problem is that they wind each other up. So one will calm down and then the other will start up again, and then that sets them both going. They don't need Mom and Dad when they have each other to play/fight with! Hopefully the doors will help and if one is instigating we can put them out of the room, at least until they calm down :p

I lived in Liverpool! I went to Wales a couple times and really loved it, too. :)

Yeah, we've tried ignoring them and I think the problem is that they wind each other up. So one will calm down and then the other will start up again, and then that sets them both going. They don't need Mom and Dad when they have each other to play/fight with! Hopefully the doors will help and if one is instigating we can put them out of the room, at least until they calm down :p

Yeah mine do that too but generally ignoring them works they do go through phases of being worse at times than others so its very rare i have to shut them out but they are called tyson and bruno after the boxers because of how much and how skilled at fighting they are and fights are a very common occurance. And i actually shut them out of the living room unless i pass out on the sofa but thats mostly because i have soaps and candles curing and dont want them knocking over or disturbed by the cats

Im as good as right next to Liverpool in Wigan about 20 minutes away less if i drive faster lol

yup although alreet is far more common round here no1 says the and generally we dont pernounce h's so its either in hedge or thedege.

My folks have a boat in the cumbria on a lake called Ullswater and that is my all time fave place to go for weekend but wales is just as stunning just pitty about some the locals i had the misfortune to meet while there.

If i typed how i speak no1 would know what im on about on here and my accent is mild compared to most lol

Another gamer, yay!

Latest posts

Back